Discuss tanking cement boards? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

2020Tiling

hi ! do you need to tank a shower if its been dot and dabed with cement board ? tiles are trav ?:8: also while iam on the subject of trav! wot do you cut them with ie wet or dry cuts ? ( do they all stain when wet )?
last question, i no you dont use trims on trav, so was wondering wot you lot do around windows and external corners? do u but them up or do a 45 angles on the edges insted of trim ? i have my own ways of doing stuff but would like to no how you lot would do it ! thanks for any advice:20:

G

Gazzatile

All cement boards will take water in so if you are looking to make totaly waterproof you will need to tank. Spoke to aqua they say that water does not effect board and they are happy that product can be used to tank as the amount of water that will get through will evaporate before it can do any damage. So you pay your money and take your choice

Reply to tanking cement boards? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley