Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tanking a wooden floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

cgadmin23

Hi All

I have laid a 22 mm Plywood floor in my bathroom and now need to tank it. I have bought a Durabase WP membrane to do the job. I will be using Mapei Keraquick Adhesive to lay the membrane.

My only question is do I need to treat the wooden surface on which I will be laying the Durabase WP membrane and if so with what?

My understanding is that I need to seal the underneath and sides of the boards with a sealer (I have bought BAL Bond SBR for this), but do I need to do anything with the top surface?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Chris

D

DHTiling

Hi chris...no!! leave the surface free from primer...

Did you get the tape as well to seal any joints in the membrane..?

C

cgadmin23

Hi Dave,

Yes I have got the corner pieces and sealing strips.
Am I right in saying that I use the sealing strip to cover every joint? or is the overlapping enough?

Many thanks for your advice.

Chris

D

DHTiling

If you over lap by at least 50mm then that is fine as well...It's easier to use the tape on the likes of ditra as you cannot overlap it..

And the corner pieces are easier to use...

here is a video of the installation process..same sort of process for floors.

[yt]pigKorqimGk[/yt]

Reply to Tanking a wooden floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks