Search the forum,

Discuss stupid prices in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
just spoke with a pal of mine ,who last week priced up quite a large hotel job leeds area , all porcelain and stone work, subby work , he went in at £18.00 m2,labour only, they have just contacted him , another comp has gone in at £11.00 a m2 :mad2::mad2:

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
i have in the past worked for rates that are to low , but still turn out quallity,
i cant do sub standard work , if somet,s not right it comes off simple as that, no matter what rates im on

P

Perry

some people are just trying pay their mortgage i reckon get anything in their bank shouldent think no one wants to work for that little

Last edited by a moderator:
S

simonb43

Prices are constantly going down all over the country, and its been like that for the last few years now and i don't think it will get much better this year. I believe that the tiling industry is becoming more saturated with new guys off courses, which i really don't mind, but it is dragging prices down. Have recently tiled floor with 600mm x 600mm porcelain for less than £20m2 including materials. Had to do it, bills need paying, don't get paid with me sitting at home

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
of course no wants to work for that amount , i understand that , but were not talking about 6x6 whites here , porc and natural stone for £11.00 , bonkers , but if they make it pay good luck to them

O

ozboz

Hiya, its not only lads on courses mate, its also non nationals plus plumbers electricians , plasteres , joiners and the like, the trade is not properly protected it appears to be easy money so thell have a go, my oldest brother lives in kent, i he a plumber, and not very good at it, so now hes a tiler! While the kent tilers sit at home,def not right

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
it dont help when every tom dick and harry, can go on a tiling course , and hey presto im a tiler, im not against people re-training but it cant go on and on ,
im getting wound up now , lol

Reply to stupid prices in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen