Search the forum,

Discuss stone sweating and staining under cordec. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

i agree jonny it is frustrating and has been mentioned many times it really does need looking at by the admin

C

Colour Republic

I use to have this problem and ticking the 'remember me' box when you log in does sort it mate. I too was confused for quite a while but no problems anymore

C

Colour Republic

by the way if it does log you out sometimes clicking on the 'back' button in your browser can recover it, somethimes not ;(

W

White Room

I keep getting logged out thru google and have to reload, pain in the butt but no idea whats happening.

G

Gazzer

thanks for trying to help me guys . i saw two moderators watching this thread but they did not contact me to try and help so i am out.

Well excuse me while I extract the magic wand from my backside.
Maybe if members would report these issues directly to admin or mods then we could look into it. But...think of it this way, if it were a common fault and one directly linked to this forum then why is it not happening to everyone. It certainly doesnt happen to me and never has ....but then I dont think I have ever spent 15 minutes writing one thread.
That said it could be just that , that the software sees it as inactivity.....but then again I leave the forum on when ever I am in the house even if I am not reading it and dont have this issue. If I cant replicate the issue then I cant see what you see and neither can the mods.
Other issues may be causing this problem like your Internet provider or maybe the way your PC is set up... My honest answer is I dont know , So I need to pass this over to Dan.
Throwing a tantrum wont solve it though.

J

jonnyc

sorry got a bit annoyed as i have a problem to solve today and hoped someone could help with answer.
i will be brief.
stone presealed with stainstop.
fixed grouted and sealed again and finished last week.
i was asked to put building paper down and then cordec by stone company but i said cordec was not a good idea as i have had experience when the floor has sweated under cordec when heating left on for months whilst building works were finishing.
whole floor had to ground down and repolished.
i was not blamed as i only put building paper down and contractor put down cordec.
so i only cover with paper this time as before.
builder has now had other trdes in with muddy boots and ripped up paper and client complaining .
will write last bit when posted this in case loose it.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jonnyc

i now have to go down tody to patch up floor with more paper.
one question was why cant put cordec down if stone presealed and therefore floor dry now.
i think the answer is that floor can sweat even if stone dry because of ait trapped between stone and plastic.
is this correct and would this only happen if heating on or even if not on?

other question is does anyone know of another product that could be used instead of cordec on top of building paper. it must be able to breath.
dont want to suggest ply or hardboard as have had problems with that as well if something gets spilt on it and resin can bleed in to stone.
i will be on site in 2hours and any suggestions i can give contractor would be good.
they are not used to doing stone floors i think and think i am being over fussy.

Reply to stone sweating and staining under cordec. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen