Search the forum,

Discuss Split Face Tiles - wall prep? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Cris

TF
Reaction score
there wont be a problem with weight on a skimmed block wall....just get as much paint off as u can.

Reaction score
Just my two penneths worth, but try to do the split faced tile in a random bond so as not to draw the eye to individual tiles. The small wedges are good to take up variation as they can vary in width and being square. But if you haven't got any then use some thin cardboard. Goodluck with the project. All the best

P

Perfect Tiling

Those tiles are 8-18mm thick slate....there's NO way I'd be putting them onto that wall without mechanically fixing a backerboard such as Hardibacker to it. A plastered wall will only take 20kg per sq mtr....thats for tiles and adhesive etc. You could have mechanically fixed these without scraping back all the paint. If the tile boxes don't have a weight printed onto them...stick a couple of boxes onto the bathroom scales.

H

hmtiling

I'd be mechanically fixing backer boards too. Skimming plasterboard or render ruduces recommended hanging weight 20kg per m2. These tiles are much heavier

P

Perfect Tiling

Hi Cris....I get what your'e saying with regards to plaster on blockwork....but on his third message he says there's more plasterboard on show???????

Reply to Split Face Tiles - wall prep? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen