Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss soft self leveling compound in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

red tiler

hi all new to the forum. went to my first job today which is a small conservatory floor. The conserv company have put down self leveling compound onto the floor. it some places it is very hard which is what i was expecting but in others it was flaking a bit so i scraped off the flakes to a slightly darker layer below but it is soft and if i scrape it it dusts. it assume that they have mixed it a bucket at a time and some of the mix may have had too much water. i was thinking about telling her to get the company back to redo the floor but wondered if there was any other solution.

D

DHTiling

hello and welcome to the forums........it certainly does sound like to much water........my advise is it needs re-doing..........especially if it is cracking etc etc.....

D

DHTiling

No point in even attempting to re-do small bits...if one bit is wrong , sod's law it will be all of it.........

Reply to soft self leveling compound in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks