Search the forum,

Discuss soft self leveling compound in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

red tiler

hi all new to the forum. went to my first job today which is a small conservatory floor. The conserv company have put down self leveling compound onto the floor. it some places it is very hard which is what i was expecting but in others it was flaking a bit so i scraped off the flakes to a slightly darker layer below but it is soft and if i scrape it it dusts. it assume that they have mixed it a bucket at a time and some of the mix may have had too much water. i was thinking about telling her to get the company back to redo the floor but wondered if there was any other solution.

D

DHTiling

hello and welcome to the forums........it certainly does sound like to much water........my advise is it needs re-doing..........especially if it is cracking etc etc.....

D

DHTiling

No point in even attempting to re-do small bits...if one bit is wrong , sod's law it will be all of it.........

Reply to soft self leveling compound in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen