Search the forum,

Discuss SLC over a large floor prior to tiling in the Tiling Jobs | Find a Tiler - Post Tiling Work Here area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not sure there's any such company that just levels floor's your best bet would be another tiler doing it but imo you will be opening a massive can of worms....

F

Flintstone

i can't blame the tiler here for not wanting to get involved levelling and preparing this floor. I think the comments suggesting he's no good are a bit out of order. He may well be an excellent tiler.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I completely disagree, if the prep work and levelling was tricky I wouldn't want to tile it unless I'd prepared it myself. If you haven't got the skills to level it you don't deserve the job of tiling it!

O

One Day

Tilers used to be able to prep all substrates.
What happened?!
Sand and cement render, floor screeding...

F

Flintstone

I completely disagree, if the prep work and levelling was tricky I wouldn't want to tile it unless I'd prepared it myself. If you haven't got the skills to level it you don't deserve the job of tiling it!

I would level it, but I know a lot of tilers who wouldn't. Or wouldn't do it well

D

Dumbo

The trouble is if a screeding company levelled a floor to tolerances of BS sr1 ( I believe that is what it's called and can't remember the tolerances) it's still not that great for tiling purposes.

Reply to SLC over a large floor prior to tiling in the Tiling Jobs | Find a Tiler - Post Tiling Work Here area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen