Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Sigma wet saws in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
can anybody reply with any info on sigma wet saws

ie price per model.......
9L2

9P

9D1 / 9D6
9M1 / 9m6
10m / 10m9

pro's and cons??
where to buy is a big help!

they seem a bit elusive to find on google, so any contribution to this thread will be of real help to anybody thinking of buying a sigma wet saw..

i know joe hillhead has a 10m and andy carroll (tiler not lfc player has the 9m so thats about it really.
maybe we could start a dewalt revolt and get everybody onto sigma ;0) oh no, what have i started now:smilewinkgrin:

OP
S

Sigma UK

The 9P is around the £700 or so all the way up to £1600 for the 10M9. We do have the mini jolly which is alot cheaper but it's not like the other machines. I would say to anyone take a look if you can or get some feedback from another tiler who uses or has used the Sigma cutter for a honest view.

Standard with all our machines comes a top end diamond blade so no need to purchase or upgrade your blade. They don't have any pumps to get clogged up and the motors are solid.

OP
A

Aston

now thats more like it del!! £700 is good for that 9P.
it kinda double up as a couple of saws in one. i know it dosent have a plunge facility but that easily got round. anyway, food for thought..

i'm off now, the mrs has got that george clooney film, the descendants and if i dont go now, she's threatened to cut my jacobs off and daves ;0) night night boys

OP
D

DHTiling

The 9P is around the £700 or so all the way up to £1600 for the 10M9. We do have the mini jolly which is alot cheaper but it's not like the other machines. I would say to anyone take a look if you can or get some feedback from another tiler who uses or has used the Sigma cutter for a honest view.

Standard with all our machines comes a top end diamond blade so no need to purchase or upgrade your blade. They don't have any pumps to get clogged up and the motors are solid.

Better price than i thought and what i have seen online.. so not bad then.

OP
P

Peter

Know a tiler who has been using a 9P for the last 15 years or so and all it's needed has been a new blade every few years. The 10M is the one to go for if it's sheer grunt you're after, 9P isn't overly powerful but good well built reliable saw.

OP
S

Sigma UK

I have the loan 9P machine out now and the tiler using it is cutting the meter long "wood" style porcelain tiles from Porcelanosa with no problems. Including mitred cuts.

OP
W

White Room

The reason I asked was it was stated on a site that it cut 430mm tiles, did'nt seem right.

OP
S

Sigma UK

Yeah its a funny one. When i first looked at the brochure it doesn't do them jutice. The matt size is 43 etc.. but they cut can cut most sizes with no problem. you just need to push it through.

OP
P

Peter

The rule is 430mm at the furthest but if you remove the rule ffrom the table then you ccan cut unlimited.

OP
J

jonnyc

just seen this.
i havea 9m and a 10m and have had them for probably over 15 years and still going.
havent been able to pull the top of table off for some years though.
trimline put in special order for me for the 10m.
i was looking at other saws recently with them and trimline were best priced of everyone for raimondi zoe so they are worth calling about sigma.
if you have a few mins ed, could you call me as i want advice on which sigma snap cutter to go for and i know you love your tools

OP
S

Sigma UK

One thing about the 10M9 i have to say is that it's not a small cutter. Although its compact unless you built like Arnold swarfega then its a two man job. It arrives on its own pallet and although the design is simple all the weight is down to the 3hp Induction motor. It has a 300/330 blade good for 1500sqm of porc and will let you cut unlimited lengths using the top guide rail. There is no blade wobble or overheating with these machines and there all built to last a long time.

OP
D

DHTiling

If i didn't have the Dewalt saw then i would deffo have a 10m saw... really impressed with the vid's i have watched on them.

OP
S

Sigma UK

They are nice Dave. Real strong piece of kit to have but if your mainly doing porc then it might be a bit too much. Most of the people who own one of these do mainly granite, Marble and stone. Cutting porc on this is like cutting ceramics.

Reply to Sigma wet saws in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock