Discuss Sigma Manual Tile Cutters in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

Waluigi

Setting the height makes all the difference. Previously I was getting quite a rough edge on my biscuit. Now it’s set up properly, it cuts flawlessly. Identical to the Rubi.

Also had a proper look at lining up the tile with a pencil mark. Yes it’s going to take a bit of getting used to. One way I have found is to mark the pencil line down the biscuit so it lines up with the breaking bar.

W

Waluigi

I meant purely how the biscuit looks after the cut. It’s idential to how the Rubi leaves it.

I’m not saying that the cutters are the same. I’ll leave that judgement for now. Too early. Great cutter so far though. I only got it on Tuesday :thumbsup:

B

Blunt Tool

Setting the height makes all the difference. Previously I was getting quite a rough edge on my biscuit. Now it’s set up properly, it cuts flawlessly. Identical to the Rubi.

Also had a proper look at lining up the tile with a pencil mark. Yes it’s going to take a bit of getting used to. One way I have found is to mark the pencil line down the biscuit so it lines up with the breaking bar.
Setting the cutter properly is probably the most important for flawless results, I agree you can compare cuts with Rubi on biscuits but just wait till it’s full on porcelain the Sigma goes into overdrive

W

Waluigi

Cheers, yeah Ceramic wasn’t really the reason I bought a sigma as the Rubi can cope well with ceramic.

That measuring bar is lovely on the sigma though regardless of which material you’re using.

I

Italy

finally a trend that I missed ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I

Italy

go and buy a pallet of tiles
of various models, sit comfortably, better on Sundays
so do not waste time and start cutting, you will see that every type
of tiles will need to adjust the sigma.
this is what happens every day .....
only practice will make you understand, every tiler has a style of cut.
I just wanted to say something, CLEAN TOOLS !!!!!!!!! ahaha

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Well, that’s was interesting. I just spent the last hour cutting various thickness, hardness and texture porcelain with my new cutter.
I now understand the fuss about sigma being best, it’s effing amazing. Wasn’t 100perfect on heavily textured but on 10mm polished or matt porc it’s just incredible. Managed to cut 600 x 300 down to 10mm rips with ease
Cheers lads for suggesting it

B

Blunt Tool

Use blue paper towels to push thru the handle hole to get rid of the gunk that builds up, that’s MY tip!

Reply to Sigma Manual Tile Cutters in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks