Discuss Sigma Advice in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Lakey

TF
Reaction score
Evening

Recently bought a Sigma 3b3m and gave it a test run today.
It's the first Sigma I have owned as have always used a Rubi before.
Anyway the tiles I tested it on were Ceramic White Gloss BCT 245x395 (I know boring tile but it's a commercial job)
The cuts were really not that brilliant!
They were very jagged tbh and not the sort of finish you could put up to a trim or even architrave.

Do you Sigma users think,
a) it's just not a good tile
or
b) I'm doing something wrong!?

Any feedback would be great.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
TS is fine for ceramics, your cutter is made for porca really .
I think I'm right anyhow :)

C

ChiversTiling

I have the Sigma 3B3M Max myself and has cut like a beaut, does take time to get used to as I've did use to have rubi cutters but sold them as used the sigma all the type

You must be pushing to hard like the others are saying, you can adjust the height bar to the thickness of the tile

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Mine is not that good at cutting ceramic ( must be me) but great fir porcelain. Can you get a small wheel for the sigma cutters for ceramics?

magga

TF
Reaction score
One thing I've found with my sigma is that you do get a jagged edge on ceramics if you push too hard. For ceramics you can sometimes push the handle along with your little finger applying no pressure at all, and you get a nice clean break.

Reply to Sigma Advice in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks