Search the forum,

Discuss Sigma Advice in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

Lakey

TF
Reaction score
Evening

Recently bought a Sigma 3b3m and gave it a test run today.
It's the first Sigma I have owned as have always used a Rubi before.
Anyway the tiles I tested it on were Ceramic White Gloss BCT 245x395 (I know boring tile but it's a commercial job)
The cuts were really not that brilliant!
They were very jagged tbh and not the sort of finish you could put up to a trim or even architrave.

Do you Sigma users think,
a) it's just not a good tile
or
b) I'm doing something wrong!?

Any feedback would be great.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
TS is fine for ceramics, your cutter is made for porca really .
I think I'm right anyhow :)

C

ChiversTiling

I have the Sigma 3B3M Max myself and has cut like a beaut, does take time to get used to as I've did use to have rubi cutters but sold them as used the sigma all the type

You must be pushing to hard like the others are saying, you can adjust the height bar to the thickness of the tile

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Mine is not that good at cutting ceramic ( must be me) but great fir porcelain. Can you get a small wheel for the sigma cutters for ceramics?

Reply to Sigma Advice in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen