Search the forum,

Discuss Sigma 3EM Tile Cutter in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

Used it today for the first time in probably 6 months and it seems to have a problem. The cutter is set up properly, the gap between the bar and breaker is set to 5 mm, when I go to break, nothing happens. On closer inspection, the chassis seems to be flexing when breaking. Has anyone ever experienced an issue like this? I've sent it back to mark at diatech who has kindly supplied me with a loan of another one until they get to the bottom of it!

C

charlie1

Lee, I think you have the 3fk ? Mines is the 128 cm version. The problem is apparent when trying to cut a 60 x 60 Porc on the diagonal... It's really toiling. I'm going to try doing the same cut on the tx1200 and see how I get on.

C

charlie1

Problem solved, there was a small washer missing from the rear breaking bar mount. Once I refitted, the cutter performed perfect again. I'm astounded that one missing washer could depreciate the performance so much!

Reply to Sigma 3EM Tile Cutter in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen