Discuss Shower screen in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Recently had new bathroom installed, is it acceptable to have the shower screen fitted onto the wall or should it have been onto the tiles, photo attached, any advice appreciated.

20210524_113939.jpg

20210524_113925.jpg

Reaction score
In my humble opinion (I am not a professional) the shower screen should be fitted over the tiles and not on the wall alongside the tiles. That's why it's so important to ensure the tiles are hung square and plum. The reason I'm responding to this thread is because a family member had a similar situation and he was constantly having to reapply silicone sealing on the inside of the shower screen to keep it all waterproof. We eventually replaced the cubicle. How has the fitter fitted the shower tray also? Did he/she tile down to the top of the tray, or did they fit the tray after completing the tiling as was the case I'm describing here and which also created a number of issues for my family member?

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As philipio says the screen needs to sit on the tiles ideally.any water ingress behind the screen channel will damage the area behind.

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Recently had new bathroom installed, is it acceptable to have the shower screen fitted onto the wall or should it have been onto the tiles, photo attached, any advice appreciated.

View attachment 123553

View attachment 123554
Also the screen does not look like its fitted right way , I've never seen a installation like that !!! Something is definitely wrong there , I'd be more worried about that

Reply to Shower screen in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks