Search the forum,

Discuss Should I tank rendered brick walls for wet room in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi,

I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed and three walls tiled to form the shower area. All the walls are rendered/plastered brick. The floor is hardwood boarded with a 6mm OSB overlay. Do I need to tank the walls and floor with it being a shower tray and brick walls? If so, would a a slurry on the walls and floor with taped corners to the wooden floor be acceptable?

Any help would be great, struggling to find any advice on whether or not to tank brick wet room walls.

Joe

Reply to Should I tank rendered brick walls for wet room in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen