Search the forum,

Discuss Setting Out, brick bond style in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

ALLSTAR

Hi Peeps

I've got a kitchen splash back to do, in a brick bond style, tiling up to the bottom of the kitchen units and into the kitchen hob hood. I'm going to work out from the centre of the cooker hood. Is there a way of setting out, as to get nice cuts around the kitchen sockets or is it just hope for the best, when you come across them. Hope this makes sense??

regards
Allstar

A

andyb_987

Hey Allstar I am not an expert (yet)
However I would suggest using a gauge stick then if all the sockets are at the same height working out the best postion from the centre of the hood.
Hope this has been helpful.

D

DHTiling

Hi mate..
Make sure the hood is centre to the units if they are either side of it...if not just centre to the hood....The sockets will just work what they work....Start a full tile from the tops , i think this looks better than starting with a cut.....here's one i did a while back...it might give you some idea's.........:thumbsup:

DSC00093.JPG

J

Jimmy Boy

Im doing brick bond at the moment, but on a shower room.
I used a staff for the vertical as normal. And used the staff for the horizontal tiles by marking the staff with marks half the size of the tile to work out the layout .... if that makes sense:yes:

R

Ric

just doing my own splashback at mo brick style with q rock rectangular tiles. Worked from stainless steel splashback above cooker as centre then just go with it. Turned out double socket sat dead centre of one tile!!! take off guard on the old master tiler and plunge cut it.:mad2: You never know what you'll get but whatever it is its all experience:thumbsup:

Reply to Setting Out, brick bond style in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen