Search the forum,

Discuss Self levelling over thin bitumen residue in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

tomo13

Hi. My floor at home is part screed and part marley tiles. I need to level the floor, so was thinking take the marleys up and cover the bitumen residue ( not even a mil thick) with Arditex NA. Then any more levelling that needs to be done, I can use my normal Ultra leveller on top. Is this the way people would go about it ? Or should I just do a slurry coat of SBR and leveller on the residue. Thanks for any replies. Steve.

M

Mr Tiler

just a heads up mate there may be asbestos present with the Marley tiles so wear a mask and be careful!

S

Sean SML Tiling

I recently slc over bitumen and its recommended to use flexible. I usex weber floor flex and primed the floor with 5 parts primer to 1 part water. Only thing the primer takes ages to dry.

T

tomo13

Struggling to find anyone near me that stocks the Arditex. thinking I'm going to go with a 50/50 Bal SBR and rapidest addy slurry, then ultra level It 2 latex leveller. Does this need to be a single cream sort of consistency or something a bit thicker ?

Reaction score
I would imagine the bag will have the mixing requirements on it.

The one I use is 4.5 litres of water to mix the whole bag, and I keep an old juice bottle in my van to make sure I can measure it out, as SLC is the only thing I mix to the exact instructions

Reaction score
Scrap the above, ha, it'll be the latex liquid

but there's a gem of a tip, an old coke bottle or something for counting out the water..

my taxi has just arrived...

Reply to Self levelling over thin bitumen residue in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen