Search the forum,

Discuss self levelling compound in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
hi all

I think I need to use a slc as my kitchen floor runs out from halfway across the room to one side of about 5mm ish,
I have looked at the wickes latex one at about £18 a bag, easy flow is the most important as I havn't used this stuff before, btw its about 4sq mtrs to level up, not the whole area, what do you all recomend and where to get it from.
cheers

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
weber floor flex....will go to 50mm and flows lovely .
stay well clear from any latex at a DIY shed, most are pants, try a decent tile supplier they should be able to sort you out and give you all the advice you need...:thumbsup:

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking.
Personally I wouldn't bother with slc, I would tile as it is.

What is the floor, wood or screed?

Thanks for your reply Stef, just remeasured it and it looks like 8-10mm out in a small area, some of that going to be under the kitchen units, the affected area is only 1.5 sq mtrs, rest of floor is fine and level.....should I just tile it without SLC ? baring in mind the 6mm boards go down first.
BTW its a concrete floor.

S

Stef

If it's 10mm over such a small area then I would stick a bit of level in it.
Try for Mapei Eco or renovation screed (as already said) & level the full area ready for tiling.
Why are you putting boards down?
Are you fitting a heat mat?

Reply to self levelling compound in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen