Search the forum,

Discuss Seeking a stone tiler for Bathroom refit - Sheffield and cowboys... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

Katrina2012

Hi All.

I'm looking for a tiler/plumber that can do a full bathroom refit, located in the Sheffield 12 area.

Average small size bathroom, will be having a walk in shower, no bath.

Can anyone advise me what questions I need to be asking the tilers before I take them on, Ive had some pretty bad experiences in the past with cowboys.

Appreciate any replies.

T

Time's Ran Out

Re: Seeking a stone tiler for Bathroom refit - Sheffield and cowboys..

John Benson is just up the road in Leeds ( but don't let that put you off) contact him for a top job!

K

Katrina2012

Thank you but where do I find this John Benson?

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Right here Katrina

Q

Qwerty

Love it! Let us know if you sort this

nybor62

TF
Reaction score

im even closer based in rotherham, , actually maltby

K

Katrina2012

Thank you, will call tomorrow Rob,
carnt seem to see John Bensons details.
Im really looking for someone that can do the whole job, ie the plumbing also if possible.
My mobile 07739988488
Thanks.

T

Time's Ran Out

A plumber that does stone tiling or a stone tiler that does plumbing!
Your narrowing your search parameters down and could well end up with Roy Rodgers and Trigger.
Through a portfolio of their work check out the stone tiler first as this is the work which will make your bathroom stand out from the rest and then see if they can work alongside/suggest a plumber.
Although I hold great asteem for plumbers and Tilers in general, stone tiling work is more involved and should be undertaken by a qualified tradesman.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score

I have sent you a PM Katrina

cam_low

TF
Reaction score

if only more posts came in like this rather than the often read horror stories !

M

m3fitter

A plumber that does stone tiling or a stone tiler that does plumbing!
Your narrowing your search parameters down and could well end up with Roy Rodgers and Trigger.
Through a portfolio of their work check out the stone tiler first as this is the work which will make your bathroom stand out from the rest and then see if they can work alongside/suggest a plumber.
Although I hold great asteem for plumbers and Tilers in general, stone tiling work is more involved and should be undertaken by a qualified tradesman.

You're right in general John, I started as a tiler, and in the mid 90's when work was slow, I became a bathroom fitter for a while.. plumbers would have said that a tiler can't be a plumber.... maybe they're right.. horses for courses, but.. there are professional bathroom fitters, that are multi skilled... just takes pride in your work, and attention to detail

Reply to Seeking a stone tiler for Bathroom refit - Sheffield and cowboys... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen