Search the forum,

Discuss Second Opinion / Help on floor/wall tile method in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Been to too many builders bathrooms failings where they've used the methods you are describing to fix the tiles. You will regret not taking him to task now because once the cheque has cleared that'll be when your tiles start to fail and you won't see him for dust, or tile adhesive for that matter.

Just my 2Ps worth.

O

One Day

We have employed the builder to tile the utility room floor, 3 bathroom floors and 3 shower areas with a mix of large and medium size tiles....

I see your problem!

Clue is in the name: builders build / tilers tile

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
might be worth showing your builder the forum or even this thread, to show him the errors of his ways, he may hold his hands, rip it all up, at his expense and employ a tiler to do the job right..:thumbsup:..

however a tenner says, he will say...'I've done it this way for years and never had a problem, they don't no what there on about'.....lol

R

Rossymcg

Have you got any retention on him?
Two types of bad payer out there,
1) that doesn't pay
2) that pay to early
Either way someone gets ripped off,
Did you have work done that requires a building inspector? If so talk to him about your concerns,
Good luck (not all builders tile in this manner some are very skilled, you chose the wrong man for the job)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I say this all the time (and I think I'm right, yet to be corrected anyway) - there's no such trade as a builder. A company who advertises themselves as builders will consist of roofers, brick layers, plasterers, plumbers, sparks, tilers, etc etc etc - The bloke who you'd call a builder will probably be their dad and not do much but quoting.

I slap my mates round the back of the head when they say they've got a good builder who can do their plumbing or tiling or whatever.

Jack of all trades - master of none.

C

cm ceramics

Dot and dab is a wrong fixing method and will on cause problems maybe not right away but sometime in the near future. I'd get him to remove and refix using correct procedure for bedding of tiles

Reply to Second Opinion / Help on floor/wall tile method in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen