Search the forum,

Discuss sealing around bath in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

When the silicone man comes round on site to seal the bath to the wall, they don't fill up with water..

P

Perry

Beam if any of my old fitters when I had the bathroom shop had a bath moving they wouldn't be working for me anymore the Ideal Standard rep used to bring other reps round to my old showroom to watch me jumping up and down in ther acrylic baths when I showed custemers how they shouldn't move if fitted correctly

M

Mike

the silicon man don't come to seal my bath, i do it. the plumber fits the bath and seals it and then i tile and seal it. no fails yet. each to there own if it works

G

grumpygrouter

Aren't baths attached to the floor? If the bath is moving then surely it is the floor and it should be strengthened to take the extra weight?

P

Perry

Grumpy it's one of my pet hates as you can gather it an old wife's tale started by a bad plumber when he fitted a bath badly the same as I didn't level the bath so the water can run downhill lol

G

grumpygrouter

Grumpy it's one of my pet hates as you can gather it an old wife's tale started by a bad plumber when he fitted a bath badly the same as I didn't level the bath so the water can run downhill lol
:lol::lol:....

S

Stef

We never fill the bath with water & the mastic man comes & seals the bath after we are done.
If we are on a private job then we silicone the bath before & after tiling ourselves, if you use a good quality silicone then it should never fail this way.

R

Rich

To get back to your bath, you need to grout all the joints right to the end, then after you have washed the grout off and the grout is drying out, you need to run a Stanley knife or a paint scrapper along the joint between the bath and the tiles (as well as all internal angles in the rest of the room), this joint should be completely clear of all grout. Then when the grout is totally dry (not the same day) clean and hoover this joint out and then silicone. Have a look through the link below, its a post I put up a little while ago

Silicone over grout...

When it comes to smoothing the silicone off, I would strongly recommend getting yourself a silicone set from tradetiler (link below) :thumbsup:

Silicone set...

Reply to sealing around bath in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi Guys have a big gap above tray to fill 2cm high 1cm deep (3/4in x 1/2in) Any suggestions...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen