Discuss sealing around bath in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

silicone round the edge of the bath & wall before tiling then silicone between the face of the tile & the bath after grouting is complete.

P

Perry

Why fill the bath with water ? Only if the baths not fitted correctly much better to fit it right Alan in the first place lol and no it shouldn't move with any weight unless you put a tank in it

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mike

there is always a possibility of the bath 'sinking' slightly with it full of water so it's best (in my opinion) to silicon at its lowest point. maybe you don't agree with me pjc but that's the way i do it

W

White Room

When the silicone man comes round on site to seal the bath to the wall, they don't fill up with water..

P

Perry

Beam if any of my old fitters when I had the bathroom shop had a bath moving they wouldn't be working for me anymore the Ideal Standard rep used to bring other reps round to my old showroom to watch me jumping up and down in ther acrylic baths when I showed custemers how they shouldn't move if fitted correctly

M

Mike

the silicon man don't come to seal my bath, i do it. the plumber fits the bath and seals it and then i tile and seal it. no fails yet. each to there own if it works

G

grumpygrouter

Aren't baths attached to the floor? If the bath is moving then surely it is the floor and it should be strengthened to take the extra weight?

P

Perry

Grumpy it's one of my pet hates as you can gather it an old wife's tale started by a bad plumber when he fitted a bath badly the same as I didn't level the bath so the water can run downhill lol

Reply to sealing around bath in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi Guys have a big gap above tray to fill 2cm high 1cm deep (3/4in x 1/2in) Any suggestions...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay