Search the forum,

Discuss rough price? Gillingham, KENT in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Burnz0

Hi All. I need to get my bathroom floor tiled and am deliberating over whether nor not to attempt it myself having never done it before. Im hoping someone can give me a rough idea of what i should expect to pay for a decent tiler so ive got some kind of comparison. I had someone out a while back to quote for the walls and floors and since he was charging on a per m2 basis it worked out very expensive (or at least it seemed to me that way).
The room is about 1.85x2.5 and the tiles i have to fit in are 30x60 composite marble. Ive already put down 9mm ply onto the floorboards and it all feels pretty rigid. Ive since heard i should have gone for a thicker ply so this may be something ill need to do.
In terms of the tiling, im open to expert advice on the best pattern etc. I also want a skirting made out of the tiles - again any advice appreciated, i was thinking 10cm or so and wasnt going to bother with tile trim. The only pipes to go round are two rad pipes which are very close to the wall, the toilet pipe about 15cm away from the wall and the wash basin pipes 20cm away from the wall.
If it sounds like the quote i got was reasonable then ill probably end up attempting it myself as i dont have that sort of money but for now im hoping someone can give me a very rough indication!

Im based in Gillingham, Kent IMG-20130512-00045(1).jpg

T

Time's Ran Out

Someone will be along in a minute to close the thread and then you'll get a few private messages with a rough price!

Reply to rough price? Gillingham, KENT in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen