Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Roof Tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

Lenc2013

Oops ! Beginning to think I am on the wrong forum.

This is probably too 'loose' a question for an answer but I will ask it anyway.

I am thinking of putting in an offer to buy a 3 bedroom bungalow. It looks as if the existing roof tiles need replacing and there is no existing felt. I am therefore wondering if it is possible to get a VERY, VERY APPROXIMATE idea of costs for a job like that. It would also need to include the removal of the old tiles from roof and site.

If it's not possible to get some very rough idea of costs at this stage I will probably cross the property off my preffered list.

Any helpful suggestions will be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

L

Lenc2013

Thanks for the reply Diggy.

I am completely ignorant as to what type of tiles they are. In appearance they are very old simple flat rectangular tiles with no raised ridges etc.

I am hoping there are 'budget' types available on which a very approximate cost can be suggested, perhaps to the nearest couple of thousand pounds, for a job like that.

Thanks again

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
Felt and batten should take about a day and from my House builders bible 6th edition ( 2004 ) cost around £2/M² inc. Lab & Materials.

As for tiling I'll PM you a piccy of a table of prices from 2004 ( copyright issues maybe from posting it here? ) , given the current economic circumstances I suspect the prices won't be far away.

Diggy

- - - Updated - - -

Why you banging your head Andy?

C

Colour Republic

Felt and batten should take about a day and from my House builders bible 6th edition ( 2004 ) cost around £2/M² inc. Lab & Materials.

As for tiling I'll PM you a piccy of a table of prices from 2004 ( copyright issues maybe from posting it here? ) , given the current economic circumstances I suspect the prices won't be far away.

Diggy

- - - Updated - - -

Why you banging your head Andy?

I do hope thats a typo!! as on those prices a new roof on mine would cost about £400

L

Lenc2013

Received the Table of costs ok - Thanks Diggy

Having problems with my laptop and opening other messages at the moment but will keep trying

C

Colour Republic

It doesn't say new roof , it says felt and battening and its from 2004.

Diggy

My mistake but even cheap roofing felts are £1.50 sqm, that only leaves 50P sqm for batten and labour. I know you're saying they are 2004 prices but since then building materials have gone through the roof (excuse the pun) and so have living costs. I don't think you'll get anywhere those prices today

Reply to Roof Tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks