Search the forum,

Discuss repair jobs on the increase ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davy583

i tile parttime and i now what you guys think of part-timers. but when i get a call and the job is above my capability i decline the job and pass it on to someone else. the reason i do this is becouse i dont want to upset a customer with **** work, if anyone is in the northeast area and i get a job like this give me your number and i will give it to the customer for a small fee lol

happy tiling

F

faithhealer

Been to look at two newly tiled bathrooms this week with cracked grout,(and mouldy in one case) both don't want their tilers back for various reasons! both look like bad prep, ie couldn't be bothered to strenghten a wall that blows in the wind! One job, a multi grand refurb has the tiles sitting on the bath with the silicon just smeared on the surface!

J

jimbob

I would think a fair portion of it is not dodgy tradesmen but people trying to DIY in these tough economic times. Can't blame them really. They may be too embarrassed to confess that it's their job, so make up an excuse about a cowboy tradesman whose done it.

I am a DIYer myself, so watch this space for a repair job in the Grimsby area over the coming months.......!!

Reply to repair jobs on the increase ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen