Search the forum,

Discuss Removing rapid set from tile in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

Hlm

Can anyone recommend an easy methods method of removing rapid set adhesive from the back of a porcelain tile?

Can I soak it or does it have to be sanded or ground off?

I

Ian

A grinder is the only way really, it's a painstaking job if you've got a lot of tiles to clean up.

S

Stef

I used an sds chisel to remove rapid from the back of granite tiles before.
Sat the tiles on a hop up on top of a folded dust sheet.
Removed the adhesive with ease but I thought the tiles would end up shattering, not something I would recommend on a daily basis..

C

charlie1

Sds with a bit of tlc and you should be ok depending on tile really. Lay tile face down on something soft first. They must be expensive tiles?

C

charlie1

Ok, while grinder will work, I find it too dusty and if your not used to using grinder then you could be asking for problems as they are by far the most aggressive tool I use. I'd make up a holder for your tiles to cushion the impact. Place tile face down and go gently with sds, you may break a few to start with but you will get the hang of it soon and get the job done. I done about 10m2 using this method a few yrs ago, took me no more than 2 mins per tile (40 x 40)... I will try finding pics

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

Are these disc quick, do they make light work of the addy?

i have have done it myself, but you do have to pad out the face of tile. Didn't break 1 tile.

Do it outside and wear a mask. :thumbsup:

Reply to Removing rapid set from tile in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen