Search the forum,

Discuss Removing carpet glue from victorian coloured geometric tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

naki1

Thick, yellowed, hard patches of carpet fixative remain after removing carpet from victorian coloured geometric tiled floor. Carpet had been down 40 years.
Advice requested on how best to remove this, and clean and restore/brighten floor after cleaning, please

R

Rich

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Have you tried scrapping any up yet? Do you have any pics of the tiles?

N

naki1

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I'm unable to send photos. I can scrape some up with a blade, but there's still sticky stubborn residue which is not thick enough for the blade to handle - a deep orange/brown colour. The tiles are classic Victorian geometric-design 'porch' tiles. I hope this helps.
Helen S.

Reply to Removing carpet glue from victorian coloured geometric tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen