Search the forum,

Discuss Recommended tiler, East London in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

*Alice*

Hello all,

When a friend needed a good tiler to tile his bathroom I agreed to help him find one. He'd bought lovely marble tiles for the walls, so I was determined to avoid the cowboys! I asked on here and we were put in contact with Greig. The price quoted was about what you'd expect to pay for marble tiles, and his endorsement on the forum meant we were only too happy to hire him.
He was very professional and hard working, turned up and got on with the job. He even kept the mess to the minimum. Of all the different tradesmen we've had in the house during the last year (10 at least) I think he was the best overall.
Greig is extremely skilled, his tiling is immaculate. I haven't found even the slightest fault anywhere (and I'm a perfectionist). The bathroom looks absolutely stunning now.
Afterwards he was telling us about some amazing jobs he's done in the past. He sounds very experienced and his work reflects that.
We were so happy we asked him to come back to do the kitchen floor (slate) which looks equally good. I'm now doing my own bathroom (sadly cheap ceramic tiles) and you can guess where I'll be finding my tiler!
I haven't got his details to hand, but if you send a message to "aphilp" on here, she'll be able to help you.
Have a look at the company gallery on Link removed for some stunning examples of their work. Oh, and they're approved by the local trading standards as well.
As you can tell, I'm really happy with them. Trying to find a truly good tradesman amongst the mediocre and the cowboys is a nightmare (especially in East London). We landed on our feet when I came on here and found Greig. I have no hesitation in suggesting him to anyone in the area looking for a tiler.
I'll try to put some photos up soon so you can see for yourself how good his work is and don't have to take my word for it!
I hope all your tiling projects go well. :)
Alice :wave2:

Last edited by a moderator:
A

aphilp

Dear Alice

Thank you very much for your recommendation.

We have received many recommendations on our work in the past, but this is special

Best Wishes

Anne

A

*Alice*

Thank you Anne for sending him our way!!!
He earned his praise! He didn't have an ideal surface to work on but he just got on with it and produced a stunning result. :14:
Keep up the good work Greig. :2thumbsup:
Alice :seeya:

A

*Alice*

Here you are, see Greig's work for yourselves :lol:

The photos show the wall behind the bath - before the shower went up, but with fixings in place. The second is the wall behind the toilet & sink. One thing I love in that is the windowsill. You can't see it all that clearly but it's tiled seamlessly to the same height as the wall.

I'm afraid there are several odd reflections in the way, not to mention the light pull cord. I wasn't aiming for a brilliant photo, I was just running round the house taking hurried shots of the work in progress. They're always interesting to look back on years later. Maybe I'll take some better ones at some point, but these were already on the camera.

Hope you like them and that the experts amongst you are as happy with it as I am. :)

Attachments

• IMG_3910.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_3960.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 135
A

aphilp

Thank you very much Dave.

I have sent you a private message with our company details as we do work all over the South East,

Best Wishes

Anne

Reply to Recommended tiler, East London in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen