Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Quartz composite tiles - sealing advice in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

clogman

New here, so apologies with getting straight into a request for help.

We've laid two floors with these composite (~95% quartz) tiles with a third going in soon. They look great after cleaning and a once-over with a mop, but when they dry the colour is nowhere near as deep as when they're slightly wet.

Is there a sealer I can apply that will bring the colour out the same way, but without making them dull?

I was looking at AquaMix Enrich 'n' Seal, as that seems to work with quartzite (is that the same as composite?) but it says it's no-sheen. Does that mean matte, or does it just mean it doesn't add any extra gloss to the surface?

One floor is kitchen, so needs to stand the occasional food spill, the other two are bathrooms so it should be waterproof.

Thanks for any advice and ideas.

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
take a look at ltp products

colour intensifier and stain block, not 100% sure how it will work with quartz, im sure there will be more advice shortly

C

clogman

Thanks, I'll take a look. With three separate floors covered in this, I'd like to find something that helps keep it looking good.

Reply to Quartz composite tiles - sealing advice in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks