Search the forum,

Discuss PVA on walls. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Anto Holland

Heard allot of people ranting and telling others, THIS IS A NO NO and you are clueless.

Have a look at this video people.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
why?
why not just use primer ?prep even slightly wrong and your stuffed...:(
it cant be a price issue as nearly same price these days?
less stress use primer..

A

Anto Holland

Yeh ok. Fine I'm just pointing out that it's not against the rules and it's easy to mix. Takes 1 minute and can be cheaper

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
You use an acrylic or SBR primer on gypsum/plaster backgrounds when using cement based adhesive to prevent ettrignite reaction, PVA will NOT prevent this reaction... Simple as that ...that video is a joke ... His advice is going against BS5385 , but if anyone wants to use his advice , then good luck . :sofahide:..

if you you look for Swe's post on here (a sticky'd one ) he's goes into great depth about pva and tiling.

A

Anto Holland

I just saw the video in the side bar. Who the eff said I'm an expert?? I asked for thoughts. I'm in the right job and on doing very well indeed right now!! Hold back a bit fella

C

Colour Republic

seen his videos before, namely when somwones putting out what a fool he is.

Reply to PVA on walls. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen