Search the forum,

Discuss PVA on walls. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Anto Holland

Heard allot of people ranting and telling others, THIS IS A NO NO and you are clueless.

Have a look at this video people.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
why?
why not just use primer ?prep even slightly wrong and your stuffed...:(
it cant be a price issue as nearly same price these days?
less stress use primer..

A

Anto Holland

Yeh ok. Fine I'm just pointing out that it's not against the rules and it's easy to mix. Takes 1 minute and can be cheaper

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Reaction score
You use an acrylic or SBR primer on gypsum/plaster backgrounds when using cement based adhesive to prevent ettrignite reaction, PVA will NOT prevent this reaction... Simple as that ...that video is a joke ... His advice is going against BS5385 , but if anyone wants to use his advice , then good luck . :sofahide:..

if you you look for Swe's post on here (a sticky'd one ) he's goes into great depth about pva and tiling.

A

Anto Holland

I just saw the video in the side bar. Who the eff said I'm an expert?? I asked for thoughts. I'm in the right job and on doing very well indeed right now!! Hold back a bit fella

C

Colour Republic

seen his videos before, namely when somwones putting out what a fool he is.

Reply to PVA on walls. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen