Search the forum,

Discuss Problems with BAL charcoal grouts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

d13ken

Had this problem only it turned from black to white overnight. next day re-grouted using a nearly dry mix but usable,IT WORKED not had a problem since.

O

Olz

Always been black for me aswell, I use the patches of it that are usually left all over my arms /clothes / tools for at least three weeks after i've used it to monitor any change in colour :lol::lol:

B

bendle

Has anyone had a problem with bal micromax ebony? just did a couple of floors recently and there is black dye still coming off if you run a finger along the grout line.

Q

Qwerty

Hi @bendle , it's great to see people like yourself are using the forums search facility to resurrect old posts they feel they can contribute to or benefit from.
This thread is 7 years old!

To answer your question....... did you mix as per instructions? (ratios, waiting time, remixing etc) Also, did you shake the bag a few times before opening. Sounds silly but it really can help with mixing up the powder with the dye powder etc.

Got any photos?

B

bendle

I did a job last year and the client supplied Charcoal (BAL) grout. It was a lobby to a shop and the floor and 2 walls were tiled in the same tile. They didnt have enough grout in the end and all i had avaialble on a Sunday was Mapei black grout. So on their instruction ( shop was being opened on the monday) the walls were grouted in Mapei and floor in BAL.
Looked the same until it dried and then the floor grout looked lighter and patchy. The wall grout was great. the client wasnt over bothered as i had explained it could be a different shade when dry and didnt even bother that much with the patches of lighter grout. they felt that as it was a floor and it will be subject to wetting due to it being on a high street entrance.
They also said that it was a good job the grouts werent used the other way around as it would be more noticable.
Hi @bendle , it's great to see people like yourself are using the forums search facility to resurrect old posts they feel they can contribute to or benefit from.
This thread is 7 years old!

To answer your question....... did you mix as per instructions? (ratios, waiting time, remixing etc) Also, did you shake the bag a few times before opening. Sounds silly but it really can help with mixing up the powder with the dye powder etc.

Got any photos?
hi there, haven't got any photo's and the job looks fine. mixed my grout as normal, just a black residue coming off. could if be the grout? iv'e noticed other people having issue's with bal micromax.

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with bal micromax ebony? just did a couple of floors recently and there is black dye still coming off if you run a finger along the grout line.
I have just grouted a feature panel in a shower with micromax ebony and found it was giving off black traces still although I put this down to a bad wash down. I may have to go back and have another look

Cris

TF
Reaction score
have found that to many washdowns with Bal charcoal or black can start to wash pigment out. Since started using a washboy and that ended the problem as only need one wash

Reply to Problems with BAL charcoal grouts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen