Discuss Price Check in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Peeps
just wanting to get an idea of whether I'm charging enough for this job, its for a mate so not sure what to charge

To tile a bathroom floor.
2.0m2 x 1.8m2

wood floor boards, in good order, tight. may need a bit of levelling, with compound and screws,
so to fit hardie, heat mat, tile with prob ceramic 200x300 approx tile.

what do you think is a fair price

it looks to be in around £300 with stat/timer, boards, screws, tape and addy for under the hardie/tileboard material cost.
They will supply the tiles, addy, etc for the rest of the job

thanks
D

O

Old Mod

Well just give your mate receipts for mats and let him pay or reimburse you.
And what ever you're happy with for doing it for him.
No one can tell u what to charge your mate, he's your mate, not ours! :)
The way u e listed the programme out gives impression you're gonna use SLC under Hardie, that right?

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Non-flexible tile adhesive as per Mr Hardies Instructions on wood sub floors... would you agree Mr 3_fall,
What make/type do you use? out of interest?

and when I say mate, that's stretching it, I know them not that well but feel I should do it for a bit less. Hence the Q. I often think I'm to cheap on jobs so getting a price for this one will give me a better idea if near the mark.

PS re-read it and it would give that impression if you weren't me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.

O

Old Mod

As far as adhesive goes, I use what ever I'm sticking tiles with.
The screws are the primary method of fixing the boards so I don't bother too much with what adhesive I use.
Personally wouldn't work for a mate for less than one a day, cos that's the minimum I would pay.

I

Italy

Hi Peeps
just wanting to get an idea of whether I'm charging enough for this job, its for a mate so not sure what to charge

2.0m2 x 1.8m2

wood floor boards, in good order, tight. may need a bit of levelling, with compound and screws,

it looks to be in around £300 with stat/timer, boards, screws, tape and addy for under the hardie/tileboard material cost.

thanks
D
never work for friends and relatives .........

I

Italy

Hi Peeps

2.0m2 x 1.8m2

never work for friends and relatives .........

thanks
D

Reply to Price Check in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay