Search the forum,

Discuss Price Base Rate! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

brian c

not everyone would keep to price fixing anyway,so imo its a waste of time.sorry to be so negative as im not normally like that but its how i feel about this suggestion.

D

dbstiling

Price fixing would never work as there is always somebody who would undercut you. I look at each job separately and then price accordingly. I never give prices over the phone but offer a free estimate so that I can see exactly what needs to be done. Customers can sometimes forget important pieces of information in a phone call.

D

doug boardley

price fixing not for me! there are god and bad, fast and slow tiler, you set your own price depending on what category you fall into. If I was a customer I'd willingly pay more for a slow, good tiler than a bad, fast one! Obviously we all aspire to be good fast tilers!Most of my work is site based so I tend to give an "all in" price,that way I and site agent know what the cost will be.

C

charlie1

If I have to charge £5 pm/2 to put food in my daughters mouth I will...And i would NEVER attempt to tell a fellow tiler what he or she should charge. That is up to them.

We cannot control this kind of thing its impossabile.

D

doug boardley

there's a base limit tho' charlie where it will cost you more to go to work, and it'd be better to do something else, on a personal note I'd do any job to provide for my two little lads

P

Perry

a second hand car that has done 10 miles in good condition would sell for more than one in bad condition that had done 100000 miles but you could always have a price guide but you can never tell anyone what they can charge :pete

D

david campbell

:beatdeadhorse5:this would never work! usually i would charge say £20-£25 m2 depending on size,akwardness etc... yet lately i have priced several larger jobs at say £18m2 because i know i would still make a decent wage from it only to be phoned by the client and told they have received a quote of almost near have of mine,either people are working for next to nothing or customers are totally brass necking it!! (1/2 of £18m2) you dont need to be einstien to work out there aint much to be made after material costs

Reply to Price Base Rate! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen