Search the forum,

Discuss Porcelain need sealing or not ?????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tilerjason

can someone reasure me please , i had an argument today in topps tiles with a sales assistant who has sold my customer some porceline tiles ( 60 x 40 ) and when they asked him if they needed sealing he said "no porceline doesnt need sealing only natural stone) unbeknown to him i was stood just behind my customer and questioned what hed said, i have always sealed the tops and sides of porceline am i wrong for doing this, as im now questioning myself and the customer is now questioning my knowledge , or is the sales assistant just a rookie

D

doug boardley

polished porcelain needs sealing Jason, but glazed doesn't. What porcs did your customer buy?

T

tilerjason

its not polished but i tested the sides and water soaks in very quick also marks easy and is hard to get off

T

tilerjason

the top of the tile looks glazed but from my experience the tile can still absorb colour from the grout or adesive around the side , is this correct

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
jason,i fitted some small 100 by 100 porcelain tiles last year porcelain matt finish and yes the grout picture framed them and stained them in colour

T

tilerjason

thank you , lol i was starting to think ive being doing things which didnt need doing

G

Gazzer

If you apply sealer and it soaks in then it needs sealing !

I always test a tile before hand.

Reply to Porcelain need sealing or not ?????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen