Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Plastic ply. in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

E

enduro

Several years ago i was given some boxes of plastic ply. A mate of mine wanted a chipboard floor in a bathroom tiled in a house he just bought to renovate. He said i could use the plastic ply because if the floor cracked he was not bothered as this was just a quick fix for him so he could move in. Well four years later he has not done the bathroom and the floor is still perfect. Never used the ply since and have a few boxes in the shed still. Anyone else used it?http://www.nichollsandclarke.com/uploads/0ede8a30bf52421ab6916f5d9fcdb6c1.pdf

Q

Qwerty

My local N&C rep keeps trying to convert me to it but I just can't! Haven't heard of any failures though

C

Colour Republic

My local N&C rep keeps trying to convert me to it but I just can't! Haven't heard of any failures though

I seem to remember a few failures being posted on here a few years back, one of them quite bad. Although it could have been poor installation rather than the plastic ply. Do a search:thumbsup:

T

TJ Smiler

Yes i have used it several times, once was on a 70m2 chipboard floor that had more movement in it than it should have..... Was three years ago now and no complaints and still see the girl i done it for. No complaints from me mate

wayne

TF
Reaction score
I used it the other week on a chipboard floor that had little movement in it. Sticks like mad to the floor. Moved loads of heavy items over the floor when finished and it was all fine still. I will stick to hardi or no more ply but it seemed to work fine for me but there is still a niggle in my mind that it will fail at some point if you know what I mean

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
we have had about 10 failures in the past year on new build houses so we have stopped using it.

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
They were all prepped as recommended and tile master trade flex used ,the substrate was chipboard deflection free and the areas where around 2m2 to 3m2 when we lifted the tiles they had not bonded to the plastic ply but were solid on the tile.

Reply to Plastic ply. in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks