Search the forum,

Discuss plasplugs washboy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
anyone used or own one of these 20litre jobbys £32,cheers ,steve

Had to buy one once because I was in a fix, tried using it, found it near impossible because of roller set up position and the stupid grout catching tray, ended up using a sponge and taking it back to machine mart as unfit for purpose, they gave me my money back there and then.

In my opinion, avoid like the plague and invest a little more in a decent one :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Spend that bit more and get a decent one that will last years....

Washboy

washboy2t.jpg

Made by 'Karl Dahm' Germany

If you have never used one of these, you are wasting hundreds of hours a year grouting the old fashioned way. This system has totally revolutionised grout finishing. First of all there is no more getting your hands wet and wrinkly wringing out sponges. Then there is the increased speed at which you work followed by the near perfect clean finish, even on quarry floor tiles. Not to mention the fullness of joint easily achieved. This system can pay for itself in the time saved over a couple of weeks and your customers will be impressed by the cleanness of your finish.There are plenty of washboys available but I have found this Karl Dahm washboy to be by far the best. With sealed ball bearing rollers that last for years and years and a really heavy duty galvanised metal grid to separate the sediment from the water.

If you wash the sponge out after use with clean water and store it without getting squashed when wet, it should be good for over 1000 square metres

weight 4.0 Kg

Supplied with 2 x sponges on handles (non slit type), metal grid and ball brearing sponge rollers
Click for 'In use picture'

Price: £49.95 £57.44 Including VAT at 15%

F

Fekin

Still never used one.

Wonder if I'll be still saying this another 2 years down the line.

Reply to plasplugs washboy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi - Had reason to do a quick fix for a neighbour the other day and she had a Fix&Grout Ready...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've just installed Weberfloor flex in a small area 1m2 @35-40mm depth in one pour...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I've recently tiled my own bathroom and all went well but I have noticed about an inch...
Replies
Views
I'm in the process of doing a small job using Hardie backer board for the walls. I've tried to...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen