Discuss Patchy Granfix Grout in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

ttt tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi There , just finished a job for a very fussy lady . Lots of time taken discussing lay out etc , you know the type!

Anyway the tiling went very well , she was very happy , but after a week or so , I went back to do another bathroom in the house and noticed the Granfix Jasmine grout was patchy . She had been told by others on site that it was still drying out , unfortunately I think its as dry as its going to get .
Has anybody else had problems with these new polymer grouts or Have I just lost the plot after 28 years tiling:sofahide:

K

kimboslash

Granfix is a grout i have never got on with personally, had the exact problem a year or so ago. Now if a customer supplies this grout I tell them I will colour match but use my own brand of choice.

That said maybe its efflorescence that needs removing?

K

kaharrison9

I have used Mapei Jasmine twice in 2 years and both times the walls went patchy and I have used Benfer off white endlessly for the last 6 years and never once has it gone patchy.
I think some grouts have been so tampered with anti this, polymer that, that some manufacturers are not realising that the most important thing is it dries consistent.

S

steve-tiler

I stopped using granfix grout a 5-6 years ago, quite sandy and there so called flexi grout wasn't up to much either.

D

D man

All granfix adhesives and grout should be banned!!! It's the worst I have ever used

S

swanman

i like granfix grouts
its all in the mixing
once mixed to a nice clotted cream constancy with clean water leave for a couple of mins then mix again
apply grout but don't wash of immediate leave for 5 mins then one swipe with a wash boy float
thats it do not be tempted once floor is washed to wash again leave it go back next day and dry buff
it won't be patchy
never wash off grout with just a sponge

S

swanman

its silly saying ban all granfix grouts
its how experienced you are that counts

S

swanman

Each to there own everyone has there preferred grouts and adhesive I'm sure you are experienced I hope I didn't sound rude
Hahaha aye very good! I am experienced enough to no how bad it's is,it's cheap ****e and can't be trusted!!

Reply to Patchy Granfix Grout in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks