Search the forum,

Discuss Painted Walls And Prime + Grip in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

Ok, gonna sort it and over board the plasterboard skimmed walls. And sand the paint off the solid walls

T

Tile Shop

good for you for seeing sense.

It wouldn't have been worth the risk.

Without knowing, you may just have saved a life :)

Just out of interest, what is beneath the paint on the solid walls?
If you say plaster, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge that crosses the A14 during rush hour.

F

Flintstone

It is plaster! I've spoken to technical support at tile master and he advised the solid plastered wall to be ok to tile on with these tiles as long as the paint is removed.
I'm not one for bodging, just not that familiar with this excessive weight.

F

Flintstone

There is a section of skimmed dot and dab board, is there a way to over board that safely?

T

Tile Shop

Take the existing boards down and follow Hardies installation guide. Glue and screw to brick is the safest (and correct) way.

Attachments

• HardieBacker_cement_backerboard_installation_guide_manual.pdf
    509.4 KB · Views: 18

Reply to Painted Walls And Prime + Grip in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen