Discuss out or plumb Chimney wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

waterfd

I am tiling a chimney breast with 7cm x 15cm tiles in brick bond. When you look at the wall near the top it angles to the right like this /. This right hand wall is fine till it reaches the angled part and then the front does not continue to be vertical so the tiles would need to be cut at an angle to follow the front of the wall this would look bad. Is it advisable to level this wall with rapid set before tiling? The depth would be about 1cm at it's wides part.

H

Highlander

It would be better if you could continue to keep line straight. Use your rapid set on wall and then back butter tile to help bring tile out to plumb.

Highlander

D

DHTiling

You could dot & dab some plasterboard on to plumb it up........but hard to say without seeing exactly how bad it is.....

R

robbo

I am tiling a chimney breast with 7cm x 15cm tiles in brick bond. When you look at the wall near the top it angles to the right like this /. This right hand wall is fine till it reaches the angled part and then the front does not continue to be vertical so the tiles would need to be cut at an angle to follow the front of the wall this would look bad. Is it advisable to level this wall with rapid set before tiling? The depth would be about 1cm at it's wides part.

I've got a similar problem to this at the moment although i'm doing straight set 400 x 300 tiles, the external corners of the chimney breast are all over the shop, i can't dot and dab plasterboard as the different between the top and bottom is tapering out then in massively......

Reply to out or plumb Chimney wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley