Currently reading:
Our plumbing forum is offline at the moment - so let the lads come chat in this thread

Discuss Our plumbing forum is offline at the moment - so let the lads come chat in this thread in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

last plumber

Hi lads,

I was just wondering if anyone knows how long the plumbersforum will be off ? I am sorry if this question is been already asked.

Kind regards

Ron
I don't know when Ron. It's not the same on here. They are not quite as aggressive as sparkies though. Up to now they've been fairly friendly. I don't suppose they feel as threatened as the sparks

W

WetSaw

I've been a plumber and an electrician today, swapped an old gas boiler for a thermo electrico as we call them here.. 20170328_174545.jpg

L

last plumber

I've been a plumber and an electrician today, swapped an old gas boiler for a thermo electrico as we call them here.. View attachment 89193

Well I hope it works as it should. I'm installing something similar in a school a couple of weeks from now.

Are you a retired, well to do tiler who made their millions and moved to sunny climates for a more sophisticated lifestyle ?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hi lads,

I was just wondering if anyone knows how long the plumbersforum will be off ? I am sorry if this question is been already asked.

Kind regards

Ron
No nobody knows pal.

It's me that has broken it and even i don't know. Give it a day or so.

Speak the wife and stuff in the meantime see if that catches on or owt.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
There's a funny smell in here, has someone not washed their hands after removing the toilets for the top trade? :tearsofjoy: I welcome you all with open arms and hope your VW Transporters are all running well.
Hiiiiii

He logs on when he can take the Mick. That's funny lol

You welcome them all...?

They should be welcoming you lol

W

WetSaw

Well I hope it works as it should. I'm installing something similar in a school a couple of weeks from now.

Are you a retired, well to do tiler who made their millions and moved to sunny climates for a more sophisticated lifestyle ?

I just got fed up with crap weather and overcrowded roads! I'm working harder now for less money than I ever have but would I go back.... Only in a box!!

L

last plumber

Joking apart I have a serious question to ask you pipe butchers....
When you install your shower pipes in the wall is it really that hard to make the chase deep enough so your crapy pipes aren't protruding 3 inches out the wall and spoiling our 'works of art'...:)

They stick out that far so we can cut them to the right length after you've decided how thick the tile cement will be and which daft tiles the custard wants !

Is that what you meant ?

I just got fed up with crap weather and overcrowded roads! I'm working harder now for less money than I ever have but would I go back.... Only in a box!!

I don't blame you. Life's too short to spend it in an anxious state

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Old Mod

Yes. If you follow the white footprints you'll find the culprit. Make sure they are white though and not the ones with a hint of pink, they belong to the plasterer.

I wouldn't follow the black ones, you'll be walking around in circles for days! :D

We had no say in it!!!!
Neither did we! :eek:

You throw us in a room full of 'Wannabee Plumbers', or 'People who couldn't cut is as a Plumber' and expect us to be happy!!!.

Why would we want to be plumbers? :p:p:p

What you think we're happy you're soiling our clean bathrooms?

The sooner you get us back to where we belong the better!

Absobleedinlutely agree with you! :thumbsup:

It's not that I feel intimidated or inferior here, it's just some of the posts.

Cracked grout.
Tiling on uneven surfaces
Cutting porcelain tiles
Drilling porcelain tiles

All the things your nightmares consist of!
No wonder you don't want to stick around! :D

Fella's, we're here to help.
Should you have any of these problems, come across to us.
We'll tell you how to sort these sorts of problem.

Did you know plagiarism is a criminal offence? :p

Don't be scared of us - most of us have our off days.
and there will be a few of us having an off day and we might be helpful.

Oz, it's always helpful when you guys days off!
You're not in our bleeding way! :D

I'm bored now :p

O

Old Mod

Well it was scratch my backside or come on here, and you can only scratch for so long :)

Don't worry Simon, if you want to scratch some more, we won't miss you! :p

Anyone put a tab on the bar yet.

I'll have a guinness none of this cup of tea Shiiiiitee

Evening All

Evening Jules,
Careful, zero tolerance here! ;)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
That's the smell of fear we've induced amongst the local habitants of the forum, VW transporters are for the pretenders, True professionals use a mid base semi high Transit so we can stand up and get our 3m copper & 4m soil pipes in without having to strap them to the roof.
I'm sure I've seen your van...

20170329_122718.png

:):):)

No nobody knows pal.

It's me that has broken it and even i don't know. Give it a day or so.

Speak the wife and stuff in the meantime see if that catches on or owt.
It would be such a shame if you aren't able to bring it back up running. It was a really good source to get some help if needed.

I hope you will make it working again. What is actually reason you closed it down? I know about those few server issues but is there not a chance of repairing?

Thanks for the update.
What about Facebook did you make an website there for us to carry on talking? Just wondering where the other lads are at the moment.

Kind beards

Ron

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
It would be such a shame if you aren't able to bring it back up running. It was a really good source to get some help if needed.

I hope you will make it working again. What is actually reason you closed it down? I know about those few server issues but is there not a chance of repairing?

Thanks for the update.
What about Facebook did you make an website there for us to carry on talking? Just wondering where the other lads are at the moment.

Kind beards

Ron
It'll be back up for sure we aren't going anywhere.

I started to fix the database and get it running how it was but then thought there's no point now i may as well just import it to the new software.

It'll be back up for sure we aren't going anywhere.

I started to fix the database and get it running how it was but then thought there's no point now i may as well just import it to the new software.

Alright, that sounds good Dan.

I was thinking you would not do it anymore.
I know it will be a pain and lots of work but maybe we all could donate something to you guys. If there is anything we could help with just let us know. I am pretty sure people would help.

Kind regards

Ronny

L

last plumber

Alright, that sounds good Dan.

I was thinking you would not do it anymore.
I know it will be a pain and lots of work but maybe we all could donate something to you guys. If there is anything we could help with just let us know. I am pretty sure people would help.

Kind regards

Ronny

Don't panic Ronny, I'm sure it will all be back to normal ASAP.
The other Plumbers are still alive and kicking i'm sure.
I did think there would be more using this space but if you think about it, most of the questions come from outside users and not the Plumbers.

Reply to Our plumbing forum is offline at the moment - so let the lads come chat in this thread in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is the A Friend of ours, UK Tiling Forum, is worth a mention for sure Discussion Thread We have this Tile Blog here, and a few other websites lets say. We will be adding to the blog during...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement