Search the forum,

Discuss Other countries tiling trends in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

And then what about water proofing? Do you not have pre formed trays over there ?

O

One Day

Mud fixing is sand and cement, maybe with aggregate in for bulking.
I've watched some good vids where they can build up very uneven floors using semi-dry mud and then tile adhesive onto the tiles, bedded into the mud with a rubber mallet.
Bit of a mix of old-school and new.

These ladies could do with a few lessons perhaps:

I

Italy

And then what about water proofing? Do you not have pre formed trays over there ?
nothing preformed, the procedure is the same as the screed, when dry, waterproofing as you do.
some clients do not trust you even waterproofing, then they place a stainless steel tray, before the screed.
We must also say that here, only 10% of the bathrooms, to shower tile floors, prefer ceramic shower, or fiberglass.
upload_2017-2-9_19-49-10.jpeg

upload_2017-2-9_19-49-37.jpeg

upload_2017-2-9_19-49-54.jpeg

B

Bill

Mud is sand and cement - all our shower bases were once done in 'mud'..........

I still do the odd one but customers now spend hundreds of pounds buying shower bases.....wish I was a shower base supplier.......

F

Flintstone

I find it very un usual that In Italy they don't have pre formed wet trays, and especially in America.

Reply to Other countries tiling trends in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen