Search the forum,

Discuss Opening up the Rubi / Sigma debate again.........sorry! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Daz

Okay, I've always been a Rubi kind of guy but......

I feel it's time to purchase a cutter to handle the increased amount of 900'ish mm tiles I'm seeing and don't want to waste my hard earned, so I'd appreciate your comments and recommendations please.

Thanks,

Daz

W

White Room

I bought a Sigma 900mm max but felt I got to much bounce when breaking the tile so changed the handle for Klick Klock which I have been happy with.

It's the variation of handle which makes the choice a little more difficult but as a Rubi man a push handle will suit better which as I was the same I chose to push rather than pull.

D

Daz

Thanks WB, I don't know too much about the Sigma range so what is the Klick Klock handle, please?

D

Dougs Third Go

here you go Daz
[video=youtube;2nW-4i7CX44]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nW-4i7CX44[/video]

D

Daz

Okay, I played with a Sigma 600 size cutter today and it certainly takes some getting used to.
Has anyone converted from Rubi or left Sigma to Rubi that can give me their opinions please?

S

Stef

I used Rubi for years & bit the bullet & went to sigma, best cutters I have used.
It does take a bit of getting used to as you can't see straight down the line if trying to line up two marks but once you have this sorted then they are great cutters.
I bought the max series cutters as I had tried a pull cut & didn't like it but the max series is brilliant.

D

Daz

Thanks Stef.
Have you replaced all your Rubis with Sigmas or do you still use both manufacturers?
i can't afford to replace my small and medium cutters too so will have to mix and match if I go the Sigma route....is that likely to mess with my technique?

D

Dougs Third Go

I used Rubi for years & bit the bullet & went to sigma, best cutters I have used.
It does take a bit of getting used to as you can't see straight down the line if trying to line up two marks but once you have this sorted then they are great cutters.
I bought the max series cutters as I had tried a pull cut & didn't like it but the max series is brilliant.
how do you sort it Stef? I'm seriously thinking of replacing my nearly worn out Rubi's for sigmas.

Reply to Opening up the Rubi / Sigma debate again.........sorry! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen