Search the forum,

Discuss old tiled floors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Please can you give any advice on cleaning hall tiles they are old and terracotta coloured have been down approx 200 years, they are worth bringing back to life, they seem to have white ingrounded in some of them and bits of concrete stuck to some. Also my dining room has a old stone floor that I want to restore dont know what stone it is though again it needs bringing back to life.

T

tileexperts

:welcome: to the forum, please register with the forum its free.
wat you could do is get them sanded and polished, and resealed after.
this would bring them back. i have done it with quarry tiles before and they turned out fine.

would you be able to post up some pictures???

D

dagger

i do not know where you are so, you will need some sort of mild acid wash, like Lithofin cement away or disclean etc. but as the expert says register and we can advise you better!

Reply to old tiled floors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen