Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Norcross anhydrite floor adhesive in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

Higgzzee

Hi, has anybody used this adhesive if so is it any good. Got 60m2 of stone put
down and also does this adhesive require the anhydrite screed to be sealed ?

cheers Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Re: Norcross anhydrous floor adhesive

that will be their "tile to gypsum" product. not used it personally but know of several jobs where it has been used and reports are generally good. Not too long a pot life, maybe 40 minutes and you need to work clean with it i.e. clean out your mixing buckets between batches etc. dont "knock it up" if it starts to set. It contains fibres as well and it sticks to anhydrite screed like wotsit to a blanket. Prep of the screed is important as always and as far as I know no primer is necessary unless the screed is particularly porous.

Make sure you follow the rules for prep etc and dont forget if you are laying stone it should be uncoupled if on underfloor heating

K

kevin.young

Yes we laid 500 square metres with this, adhesive does go off very quick. I'd say 20 minutes max, but as Ajax says it sticks like to a blanket to this type of screed. Make sure you prep it right and all should be fine.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
quite pricey from info received....

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yes £23+ per 20Kg bag, And thats buying it by the palet load.

not s pricey as I had heard ... had heard £40 per bag. i guess you got bulk discount

H

Higgzzee

Thanks all, getting it for £31 abag, is ditra matting or equivalent a must on this type of screed with natural stone and UFH ?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks all, getting it for £31 abag, is ditra matting or equivalent a must on this type of screed with natural stone and UFH ?

it is a recomendation on ANY type of screed where there is UFH. Not just anhydrite screed

D

DHTiling

How do these RIP OFF comps get away with charging so much , they know about issues with cement and gypsum and are taking BIG liberties with tile fixers by charging extortionate prices for gypsum friendly adhesives...

Total rip off IMHO.. Shame on all these comps for doing this.. all they see are £ signs and hence yet again the fixer suffers.

Reply to Norcross anhydrite floor adhesive in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks