Search the forum,

Discuss newbie tries underfloor heating in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

thefallguy

I am looking to put underfloor heating in my ensuite which is approx 8ftx6ft and has a chip board floor.

I am putting ceramic tiles down. I understand that I need to insulate the sub-floor but that's the extent of my knowledge on under floor heating. My Dad is doing the tiling but I'm after a advice on how best to do it, if any of you guys can help a newbie like me.

what I do know is this:-

- The tile adhesive that I have is for wood, so I'm assuming that at some stage you have to put plywood down to glue the tiles onto?

- I will be plumbing in a BTW unit and pan, a washstand and quadrant shower tray so I'm assuming that I don't need to put the heating cables underneath these? If so that would leave me with an odd shaped area to cover. Can the mats be linked up?? In have heard of cables that you can lay yourself in all sorts of weird ways as long as you space the wires correct?

- I have a mate who is an ex-sparky will do the wiring, but with the exception of DEVI, I do not know which is the best stuff for a modest budget.

- I know that care should be taken not to put the wires that lead to thermostat near any concealed central heating pipes, otherwise it will give an incorrect temp. reading and switch off the under floor heating.

Other than that, I'm all ears……….

thanks in anticpation,

Gary

T

Time's Ran Out

My only advice at this stage is to get a Part 'p' registered electrician to connect the wiring - as required by law!

Reply to newbie tries underfloor heating in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen