Search the forum,

Discuss New tiles.... Wax coating??? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Stevev

TF
Reaction score
Just unpacked some new tiles and every one seems to have some kinda wax on it in places. What should I do to clean this off before laying

IMG_20180404_110116.jpg 15229161879031229563126.jpg

T

Tile Shop

I have 2 lines down all tile sof 2 boxes of porcelain tiles. Tried wiping off, even scrubbing brush....not shifted!!! What could I try , this is not simply a light coating

Got any pictures you can post?

F

Flintstone

He’s already posted some photos Paul, are they not showing up for you ?
It’s very common wax, just scrape off as you go or before you grout with a blade or whatever is easiest for you

ColinMJ

TF
Reaction score
I used a school plastic ruler to flick off the wax after discovering it would flake off with my thumb nail. Water and scrubbing brush doesn't work. Wouldn't want to use a metal blade in case scratched the tiles

Reaction score
I would avoid trying to pick them off with your finger and getting them under your fingernail, that way there is less blood and swearing and you will be of a better humor for the rest of the day

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

I use a plastic narrow scraper - similar to what one may use to apply wood / wall fillers. I've also used the plastic ruler method.

Reply to New tiles.... Wax coating??? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen