Search the forum,

Discuss New tiler questions? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikebidd

Well i start my course in 2 weeks 1 day! been gagging at the bit to do it since i booked it.
Before i booked it id saved up for a while too make sure i had abit off money to support myself for a month or 2.

My question is.
My plan after iv finished the course is to ring around some local tiling companys and offer my services for really cheap or free for a few weeks just to get some expierence. Is this a good idea or if you owwn a tiling company would it be somthing you would be willing to do?

Just trying to work out what i should be doing after the course? So for the next couple off weeks ill be scouring ebay and adtrader looking for tools. Any advice greatly appreciated this is a complete career change i have always been into cars mainly imprezas. Im good with my hands but cant write to save my life lol

U

united

Mike

Good luck on your course.

Try Trade Tiler for your tools, they do some really good starter kits and If you give them a call I'm sure you will get all the advice you need :thumbsup:

M

mikebidd

I will give them ago mate i was just going for used to try and save abit on the budget. I know the course shows you what you need so i ll go from there. Iv read the tool kit list on here and it seems i have the most important 3.
Kettle
Radio
Number off emergency plumber (the father in law.. lol)

W

White Room

If after your course you don't find much try and keep your hand in with family and friends.

D

Daz

My question is.
My plan after iv finished the course is to ring around some local tiling companys and offer my services for really cheap or free for a few weeks just to get some expierence. Is this a good idea or if you owwn a tiling company would it be somthing you would be willing to do?

Where are you based Mike? There may be someone here that can help you.

Good luck for the future.

F

faithhealer

hi Mike, expect it to be tought for a while, not much work about at the moment

A

adam skitt

Good luck Mike! I'm in the same boat as you except I did a course spread over several weekends as couldn't afford time off from working full time (three kids and a wife to pay for) I have just been doing small easy (ish) jobs for the last couple of months. Getting bigger all the time as my confidence builds! Mainly friends and family but one or two "proper paid" jobs under my belt now!! And thoroughly enjoying this new career path!! Loads of help and advice on this forum! Must say everyone seems really keen to help answer my probaly stupid questions!! Good luck for the future hope it goes as well as it is for me!!

S

Stef

Good luck Mike! I'm in the same boat as you except I did a course spread over several weekends as couldn't afford time off from working full time (three kids and a wife to pay for) I have just been doing small easy (ish) jobs for the last couple of months. Getting bigger all the time as my confidence builds! Mainly friends and family but one or two "proper paid" jobs under my belt now!! And thoroughly enjoying this new career path!! Loads of help and advice on this forum! Must say everyone seems really keen to help answer my probaly stupid questions!! Good luck for the future hope it goes as well as it is for me!!
I hope it's went well for him, this threads from 6 years ago, should be a pro by now. ;)

Reply to New tiler questions? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen