Search the forum,

Discuss New Ensuite in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
.... Setting out is key... Also customers like to see cuts tight and even...
Sometimes Tiling should be left to ... Dare I say ....... Tilers!!..... ( sorry everyone else)

T

Time's Ran Out

There are some pretty disappointing replies in this post IMO.
The lad has asked for advice and put himself up there to be shot down. Questioning his plumbing ability is not the issue and having seen 'Tilers' post work on here of equal ability then help should be provided if our trade is to be considered a profession.
How many of those with the criticism have NVQ's in tiling or indeed are time served.
Give the lad a break, and provide constructive comments so he can come back knowing it's a friendly forum where his input will be welcome.
By the way - I hate plumbers!
:D

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
There are some pretty disappointing replies in this post IMO.
The lad has asked for advice and put himself up there to be shot down. Questioning his plumbing ability is not the issue and having seen 'Tilers' post work on here of equal ability then help should be provided if our trade is to be considered a profession.
How many of those with the criticism have NVQ's in tiling or indeed are time served.
Give the lad a break, and provide constructive comments so he can come back knowing it's a friendly forum where his input will be welcome.
By the way - I hate plumbers!
:D
Lol...Fair play Timeless....:)

I

Italy

It seems to me that the bigger problem are the tiles.
some errors there is, (row mosaic and some cuts).
but the tiles seem to scrap

I

Ian

I've got to say, there are some ridiculous responses on this thread, some people really need to pull their heads out of their arses. A crap tiling job? Really? It's not even finished yet and yes there are a couple of cuts that could be better and the setting out could have done with a bit more though but, crap? No chance. The internal corners will all be siliconed (I hope) so any uneven cuts will not be seen provided they are all within a couple of mm of each other. As has already been said, this forum is about helping people and offering advice, if you have nothing constructive to say, don't bother commenting.

F

Flintstone

Obviously I'm terribly out of order for having an opinion of the tiling job. The plumber has been tiling for 9 years and is supprised when the customer is 'nit picking'. We all have eyes here and we can all see it's not up to the standard of a decent tiler. If the plumber can't tile to a high enough standard after 9 years he shouldn't be doing it, simple as that!

J

JCSplumbing

Obviously I'm terribly out of order for having an opinion of the tiling job. The plumber has been tiling for 9 years and is supprised when the customer is 'nit picking'. We all have eyes here and we can all see it's not up to the standard of a decent tiler. If the plumber can't tile to a high enough standard after 9 years he shouldn't be doing it, simple as that!
I'll post up pictures when I'm done.

Reply to New Ensuite in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen