Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss My first job - Brick bond!! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

barclay1406

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine has asked me to tile his bathroom, he wants a brick bond stlye, however i have never done a brick bond style and was wondering where the best place would be to start and what are the main things to do (or dont do) when it comes to brick bond?

Ant help would be most welcome!!

THANKS in advance

B

Bubblecraft

Don't stick your first tile until you know where your last tile is going to be. Let your tiles flow around corners. Large cut tile ends on one wall, small cut tile starts the next to make more or less a full tile flow round

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

depending on tile size the first thing i would do is put them face to face and check for bowing if they bow you can forget about brick laying .if straight use a level for a straight edge on face to make sure you are keeping them straight

B

Bubblecraft

Funny you should say that Ray. I had this about a year ago. Explained to the customer about his tiles bowing & showed him but he still wanted it done. Done the job for him & tbh, even with new down lighters, it was actually a nice effect with the shadowing from the bow. Wouldn't do it in my own home though lol. Customer was delighted so that was the main thing

D

DHTiling

As above check for tile bow , if ok then deffo make sure first row is flat , then consecutive rows follow suit.

Wrapping around corners looks best but some tweaking needed to get best lay out is required sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

barclay1406

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replys, i've gone round to have a quick look and found the bathroom to be part brickbond (floor to ceiling on bath wall) anyway so i guess it's just a matter of following on the pattern, although there is a box to brickbond as well which i've never done before so any tips on boxing and beading where the 3 corners meet, if that makes sense?

Reply to My first job - Brick bond!! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks